I woke up less sore this morning, but was very tight in the hip flexors.
I wasn’t as sleepy today as the book seemed to suggest I would be. I’m not sure if this is a function of not being used to getting so much sugar, something that I’ve done wrong, or just not being very addicted to caffeine.
I find myself eating like I did when I was very overweight. My fullness reflex doesn’t seem to kick in when I’m eating mostly carbs, it’s like I’m hungry all the time. I had some salmon to help offset this, it helped quite a bit.
I feel like I’ve eaten all the things today. I’m not sure I’ve ever taken in this many calories in one day before, but I was in the range I should be. My macros are right where they should be! My fat was even under – I could have put butter on one of those bagels!
Here’s hoping I wake up feeling as I should for tomorrow’s workout. I tried to keep sugary carbs to a minimum today – and most of my carbs did come from either fruit or the bagels.
Notes for next week:
- Make some rice or something. You need more variety. Maybe some oatmeal.
- The ice cream was a nice treat, do that again.
- Get a can of pop instead of a bottle if you want that treat – it was too much.
- Strawberry jam is delicious on jalapeño bagels.
I’m putting in here my food since yesterday’s workout, because that’s how the calorie and macros targets are set up.
Morning weight: 199.8 lbs
No workout today.
Food intake since yesterday’s workout:
- 8 bagels: 3 with creamed honey and 3 with strawberry jam. 2 plain.
- 1 post workout shake, which I explained in yesterday’s post.
- Several shots of rice vinegar
- Sweet potato fries
- Root beer
- Strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 Safeway M&M cookies
- Grilled pineapple
- Grilled salmon
- Spinach with feta
- FroYo Cherry Garcia (Low fat ice cream)
- Calories: 5,428 (target 4,408-5,523)
- Protein: 152 (target 154)
- Fat: 107 (target <= 154)
- Carbs: 1,021 (target 836-1,114)
- 88mcg Synthroid
- 1 Claritin (am)
- Morning mix + 3g l-tyrosine + 5g creatine + 2g glutamine + 2g beta alanine
- 600mg Calcium (4 hours after Synthroid)
- Evening mix
- 1200mg Calcium
- Daily Multivitamin
- 5g Glutamine
- 2 ZMA
- 6 Fish oil
- 8,000 iu Vitamin d